Tuesday, January 3

a new year

Last year Steven and I sat down and wrote out 5 things we wanted to accomplish in the year. Not really resolutions or goals per se - 5 things that would expand our horizons I suppose.

My Things to do 2005:

1. Get a new job - I guess you could say I got something of a new job... just not by my own efforts. I work for a different company with a lot more stress, but other than that the job is not new in any way. Same desk, same co-workers, same boss. Yeah. I didn't really accomplish the first one.

2. Go hiking - Check. Went hiking with the girls in June. Didn't hike anymore after that. Turns out, I've got a bum foot. Great time to figure that out is on a multiple day hike.

3. Learn to surf - Well, I would have if it weren't for President Bush. I was headed down to Coco beach, but he asked that people conserve fuel and not travel unnecessarily on Labor Day weekend due to the pipeline issues cause by Katrina. Stations were out of gas in Atlanta, and I didn't want to get stuck in Deliveranceville, GA on my way to Florida. I could also blame Katrina, but I prefer blaming Bush.

4. Go to the arts (play, symphony, opera, etc.) - Nope. I went to a Coldplay concert, but I really don't think that applies. This was such an easy one too...

5. Take a class (language, music...) - I found a photography class to take in October, but that was the middle of racing season and would have screwed up our constantly changing practice schedule. It was a sacrifice I had to make. Probably a good one too. If you don't remember we took GOLD at the Hooch!

Long story short... I didn't expand my horizons much. So in the spirit of futility, I hereby make my list of

Things to Do 2006:

1. Do two of the unaccomplished things from Things to Do 2005. Likeliest candidates:
I. Go to the arts. I bought a dress and need to find an occasion to wear it.
II. Take a class. I've already picked out three possibilities.

2. Join/start a Book Club. Already working on it!

3. Write a letter for employment to George Clooney (who doesn't want a nice looking boss, potiential inter-office relationship/HR issues and the ability to make some good films?) and AMC Theatres (Cinema business needs some revamping).

Okay, I can't think of anything else. Who said 5 was a hard and fast rule? If I accomplish one of these I'll be doing just as well as 2005...

2 Comments:

At 6:51 AM, Blogger cassi said...

i want to be in the book club. and perhaps the L word at WETbar tomorrow could be considered 'art'... haha.

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger jelena said...

sign me up for the book club - also, middlesex is a great book...as is the lovely bones...you have good taste...i'll follow you on book adventures anywhere!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home