Saturday, March 17

discovery

Saturday morning, I go to work. At the office. I hadn't gone to work on a Saturday in years, but I'm on a project from hell and this shit has got to be finished yesterday.

So I get to work ready to finish this thing out, and low and behold I cannot connect. Frick. If I go home to wait until this is fixed by the powers that be, I'll never come back. So what to do? Phipps is just up the street. Maybe I can catch an early flick. By the time I get back, the problem should be resolved.

I check the website, and Zodiac is playing at 11:00am. Perfect. I can walk over there and be just on time. I walk outside and it's frickin' freezing and windy, so I feel bad for the environment for about 2 seconds and then I drive, but I digress.

I get to the ticket counter, and say "One for Zodiac at 11:00am, please." The woman behind the counter says, "Five dollars, please." I say, "Five dollars?" She says, "Weekend shows before noon are only $5.00 for everyone."

$5.00??? This is incredible. I normally I pay twice that, so don't see movies as much as I'd like. That is officially going to change. There should be a Saturday Morning Movie Club. If the movie theatres were smart, they would start that. But since they aren't, it'll be Shelly's Saturday Morning Movie Club.

What are you doing next Saturday at 11:00am?

Update: Turns out this is an AMC thing. A.M.Cinema - $5* tickets before noon on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
*either $4.00, $5.00 or $6.00 depending on theatre and market

6 Comments:

At 11:33 AM, Blogger Janet said...

$5!?! I can't remember the last time I only paid $5 for a movie. Can't make it next weekend but keep me informed so I can go next time.

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wait, Shelly, you have to finish! I think the question that is on everyone's mind is whether you were able to log back onto the network at work??? :-)

 
At 2:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the $5 tickets are old news - they're only so cheap because noone is alive at 11am saturdays. and there used to be a $1.50 theater by mars on bufurd hwy a few years ago (and by few i mean 7). but i wanna know - did you finish the project? did you get connected? you have to stay connected! its just like fritz says.. "if you're not jacked in..."
(and this counts as meeting web/blog entry quota - i am disappearing again for one more month)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger LRSS said...

I was being a blog stalker and decided to comment... military discounts arent even that cheap! but I havent been to a movie since G was born... oh well

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger LRSS said...

btw - ls is laura... I didnt even know I had a blog name... but I guess I do

 
At 2:53 PM, Blogger shelly said...

blog stalkers welcome. it isn't too hard to figure who LS with a little G is. Especially with the military discount hint. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home