Wednesday, February 8

blogging policy

In case you weren't aware, I work for The Man*. This morning, The Man decreed the new corporate blogging policy. I have reprinted here the points that are "particularly important to remember."
  • The Man's Code of Ethics and Business Conduct and The Man's corporate policies apply to your online conduct (blogging or other online discussions) just as much as they apply to your offline behavior.
  • Don't disclose confidential information belonging to The Man or third parties.
  • Stay away from discussing future product offerings.
  • Respect others' intellectual property rights, including copyrights.
  • Make it clear that your opinions are your own and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Man.
  • Refrain from making objectionable or inflammatory posts.
  • Personal blogging activities must not interfere with your work or productivity at The Man.

To oblige The Man and protect my precious ass, I hereby declare that all opinions written here at busy at work are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Man or anyone else who isn't me.

Me and The Man don't particularly see eye to eye anyway, so I'm positive that my opinions absolutely do not reflect The Man's views. The Man also gives me heartburn, so I try not to think about it.

I need a Rolaids.

*Though The Man is not an inappropriate pseudonym, I have hidden the actual name of my employer in the effort of avoiding it's wrath.

3 Comments:

At 1:57 PM, Blogger cassi said...

Damn the man! Save the Empire!

 
At 11:23 AM, Blogger SaraRow said...

I think this means you join me in the ranks of the old. A plea for Rolaids, dude.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger test said...

If you're doing your job right, you should also be giving The Man heartburn - except that he doesn't know it's you who's doing it to him. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home